Welcome to all my blogging friends! I am now a Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator.


Sunday 13 April 2014

Something Old Something New with CD SUNDAY

Good morning to you all and welcome to our latest challenge over at

In case you are wondering where I have been for the last 3 months, I can tell you that we have spent our winter in Spain.
Good side is the weather, however the downside is I have bad connections problems so haven't been able to be an active part of the Team. Thank you to all my teamies who have accepted that I wasn't able to join in.

Anyway, I am back now and raring to go, so much so that I have two designs to share with you this week.
It was my turn to choose the theme but Jenny kindly chose for me, so it is a joint effort.

We are giving you another easy theme, which is
SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING NEW
so dust off your CD's and join in with us.

My first design is shown below



I started with a square 6 x 6 Scalloped White Card which I made into an easel.
My backing paper and main topper are from a Joanna Sheen CD called
Eastern Treasure - this is my Something Old
For my Something New I chose to use some beautiful die cuts.
The die cut behind the topper is 
'Our Daily Bread designs' - Quatrefoil Pattern and is by Spellbinders.
My corner dies are a Christmas present from my sister, again Spellbinders and are called 
'Corner Flourish'
The centre die and the topper were cut out in Spain and unfortuantely I can't remember their names and have left the actual dies out there.

This is my second design


Again a favourite 6 x 6 Scalloped Card in Cream for the base.
I cut two different colours of card and ran them through my GC using a 'Crafts-Too Embossing Folder 
'Tied Together' for the cream and again the embossing folder is in Spain so I can't tell you which folder I used for the Green.
My topper is from a recent purchase from Jems Designs, one of their new CD's called
'ENIGMA' which was designed by the talented Sheenagh Hulin
I added Card Candi to the corners and finished the design with a Tonic Butterfly Die Cut.

I hope you will join us again this week and I look forward to seeing your creations and commenting on your blogs.
Take a moment to pop over to CD Sunday to see what my fellow teamies have for you this week.

Please remember to use something from a CD in your design and tell us which CD you have used.

Just hope I have remembered 'how to post' and Mr Blogger behaves








5 comments:

starcyl said...

It's good to have you back with us and two cards as well, but then you have a bit of catching up to do. I love your Eastern Treasures card and I haven't seen the Jem's cd so will have to check that out as it looks interesting.
Jenny xx

sue-b said...

Two lovely cards Christine, my fave is the eastern treasures, good to have you back.
sue-b xx

Wynn said...

Hi and welcome back Christine. I hope you are keeping warm. I love the the easel card. It's very elegant. The frame is lovely. Need to check out the new Jem's CD. Another on the wish list I would think.
Hugs Wynn xx

Beryl said...

Oh hw beautiful is that top card Christine. I've had this CD for years and have to say - I was dissappointed with it. I obviously wasn't looking at it with the right projects in mind.
Beryl xx

Dawn said...

Two great cards Christine! I love them both!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving a little love!
Hugs
Dawn xx